Dental implants have been a miracle to so many people worldwide. Even though dental care has improved over the years, it hasn’t been able to eradicate tooth loss from injuries, tooth decay and gingivitis. While bridges and dentures were used to fill in lost teeth for several years, dentists realized that people needed something better. This is what led them to dental implants.
Dental implants replace tooth roots. The implants are made to match the rest of your teeth, so no one will ever know you have them. Unlike dentures, you don’t have to worry about them moving, taking them out to clean them, or any other frustrations that you’ve encountered if you’ve had bridges or dentures.
Dental implants provide many benefits:
- Improves people’s appearance.
- They improve speech because they are fused to the bone, so they don’t move like dentures and bridges.
- Implants are more comfortable.
- They are easier to eat with.
- They are convenient.
- Implants are durable. In most cases, they last a lifetime.
It’s the obvious choice over dentures and bridges.
What’s important to know is that some bridges and dentures are supported with dental implants. This is something you may want to ask your dentist during a consultation to find out if you should keep what you have with the added support of implants or just get implants.
Finding a Dentist for Your Dental Implants
With the desire to switch over to implants or get them for the first time, you will need to find a dentist who specializes in them. Since implants must be made to match a user’s mouth, the dentist needs to have experience in making them and then placing them in the mouth.
For this to be an easy procedure, it’s best to choose the best dental implants dentist. You will know that a dentist is experienced by asking these questions:
- How many times have you performed dental implant procedures?
- What is the success rate of your dental implants?
- What kind of education and training have you had in dental implant treatments?
- What can I expect from the procedure?
- What type of anesthesia will be used on me?
- Can you show me before and after pictures of some of your patients?
By asking these questions, you will be able to tell that the dental implants dentist in Long Beach is experienced and skilled to give you the implants you need for good oral health.
Our dentists are some of the best dentists for dental implants in the area. You will find that they will answer all of your questions without hesitation and provide you detailed information, so you can make a wise decision. Give us a call today to learn more about dental implants and our dentist’s experience.Leave a reply →