Which is better an Electric toothbrush or Manual toothbrush?
THE TOOTHBRUSH: This is one of the many basic tools in our society today! The improvement of technology has produced electric toothbrushes and so many patients want to know which is the better of the two for teeth cleaning; manual or electric toothbrush.
You can achieve effective teeth cleaning by using any of the two. However, the Cochrane study has evaluated hundreds of electric toothbrushes (ETB) and have come up with findings indicating that ETB’s can clean your teeth more efficiently and more effectively than manual toothbrushes.
A few features of each is listed below
Advantages of the Manual Toothbrush:
Manual toothbrushes have been around for years and have done and will continue to do an effective job.
- They are simple, affordable and accessible, (always travel-ready).
- It’s best to change your brush occasionally.
- In some instances they may be gentler on the gums and enamel. This depends to a great extent on the bush and technique you use.
Advantages of an Electric Toothbrush:
- If you have arthritis, limited movement in the shoulder and elbow or you suffered a stroke, then an electric toothbrush will give you a more effective cleaning.
- Quite a number of these have interesting and unique features which stimulate effective brushing. These features include timer, which shows the time you spent brushing, a gauging pressure, etc.
How Electric Toothbrushes work and how they are made
Why not give yourself a break today from anything that is stressing you out and learn some fun information. Use the info to impress a friend whenever the opportunity arises.
5 Important factors that foster an effective brushing
How you use your toothbrush is far more important than the type of toothbrush you use. All 5 factors are listed below:
- Choose soft bristles.
- Change your toothbrush or brush head every 4 months.
- Brush for 2 minutes every day.
- Avoid brushing TOO hard, it can damage your gums.
- Do a thorough brushing, and ensure that you get to all the corners.
Contact us for any questions you may have about the type of toothbrush you should use. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Leave a reply →