If you need the services of an Invisalign dentist, we are here to help you!
There’s no doubt that orthodontics can brighten your smile. Wearing metal braces is not the only option to having a beautiful smile. Invisalign is an alternative. These removable, invisible and comfortable aligners can straighten your teeth and give you that attractive smile you’ve always desired. Because they are invisible nobody will know you have them. Carson Dental and Cosmetic Center in Long Beach is a provider for Invisalign; a popular teeth-straightening device and a less-noticeable alternative to metal braces. The treatment uses a series of clear plastic trays, which are worn to straighten the teeth and close gaps.
What is Invisalign?
- The method of straightening your teeth.
- The procedure involves the use of a series of transparent but removable aligners to straighten your teeth.
- Proven and accepted nationally as an effective procedure both in clinical research and orthodontic practices.
How Does Invisalign® work?
After you are fitted with the first set of aligners, you’ll wear them for 2 weeks. Remember to remove them when you drink, eat, brush and floss.
As each aligner is removed and replaced by the new set, your teeth will begin to move slowly into their correct place.
During the treatment you’ll need to visit us once every 6 weeks just to make sure that the treatment is progressing well.
The entire treatment period is about 9 to 15 months. On average the number of aligners used during treatment is from 18 to 30. However, this will vary depending on different cases.
- Initially, your Long Beach Invisalign-trained doctor will take photos, X-rays, and digital scans or a dental impression to help create your treatment plan.
- The maker of Invisalign clear aligners will then use these records, along with the treatment prescribed by your doctor to create a customized 3D treatment plan just for you.
- The customized aligners will be manufactured and shipped to your doctor’s office.
- Your series of custom-made aligners will be given to you (typically 3-4 sets at a time) for you to wear everyday and change them at home every 2 weeks.
- You’ll be visiting your doctor approximately every 6-8 weeks to monitor the progress of your treatment and receive the next series of aligners.
- After you’ve finished your Invisalign aligner treatment, you may need to use retainers to help make sure the new position of your teeth is maintained.
Long Beach Invisalign Vs. Braces
Long Beach Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible so it’s difficult for others to notice the treatment. Most patients may feel pressure in the early stage when starting with the first few Invisalign aligners. Invisalign aligners are removable. You can remove them before eating/drinking and easily brush and floss to maintain good oral hygiene. Approximately 6-8 weeks between doctor visits. Invisalign treatment allows you to visualize each stage of the treatment process, from the beginning to the end, giving you a clearer picture of the treatment duration.
The wires and brackets of traditional braces are visible. Most patients may feel pain each time braces are adjusted. The metal brackets may also irritate the mouth and cause ulcers. Braces are fixed and not removable during the teeth straightening treatment. This makes it difficult to eat certain types of food (e.g. apples, nuts) and it can be difficult to clean and floss your teeth with the braces in. Approximately 3-4 weeks between doctor visits. Traditional braces can only give you an estimate of the duration of treatment at the beginning of the treatment process.
How you should clean your Invisalign trays
Regular toothpaste with your toothbrush is fine and recommended. Other products can discolor the aligners, making the teeth look somewhat yellow. But most important is to brush and floss after each meal. The aligners start to act in the way a bleaching tray does, so if food and low pH saliva are trapped, the teeth will ‘soak’ in it.
Advantages of Long Beach Invisalign
-Maintain good oral health
-Less doctor visits
-No metals or brackets
-Easy to take off during eating, brushing, taking pictures, etc
-Visible when seeing results
-Shifts teeth faster than braces: 6-15 months
Schedule your free Invisalign® Consultation today with top Long Beach dentists! Call us Carson Dental and Cosmetic Centre at (562) 988-7788 or contact us online.
Dental implants make it possible to replace lost or badly damaged teeth with artificial teeth that are just as good, if not better, than your original teeth. By using the latest medical technology and procedures, an artificial root is placed into your jaw on which we then place your new tooth.